Sunday, July 10, 2005

My Brother:

He was born Nghia Van Thach in 1967 in Saigon to Thi Phuc Thach, his birth mother (my mother). We both have the same American father, who served in the Air Force and whose exact name I'm not sure of. This is an excerpt of my brother's birth certificate.




My brother may be in America (or Canada) because in 1975, in all of the tumult of the American pullout, Operation Babylift was conducted, where babies from orphanages were taken to America (and Canada) and put up for adoption. My mother, who worked for the South Vietnamese government and cooperated with America, put my brother in such an orphanage for protection. She intended this to be temporary; but before she could retrieve her child, he was already taken to America or Canada.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home